What a difference a day makes in these crazy times we are living in right now.
As many of you already know at 3:30 pm March 28th Alberta Premier Jason Kenney announced that all non-essential businesses were to close to the public effective immediately in an effort to slow and flatten the curve of the COVID-19 pandemic facing our world. We hope that wherever you are that you are secure and safe at home and that all of your loved ones remain healthy, and hopefully not too cranky!
We want to take this opportunity to thank you all for your continued support and loyalty over the last five years. We value each and every one of you. Above all, be safe. But also, be kind to the people in your life. Even though you may not be able to be with them physically there are many things that we can do to support and show love to others.
The Quincy's Quilting storefront in Leduc is closed to public shopping, however, those of you who know our organization's history know that we started as an online quilt store. We are proud of that history and proud to say that all of our inventory is online for shopping. We have over 300 new bolts of fabric including a restock of our solid white and black.
While you cannot come in and browse and pet the pretty fabric like we love to do there are still lots of options available to you to get those items you may need to finish up some of those UFO's or start a new project. Here's what we can do for you.
1. You can shop online on our website at www.quincysquilting.ca. Place your order online and we will pack it up and ship it off to you. Payment is made via PayPal. If you have a gift card you can also use it on our website for payment.
2. Call us in the shop Monday - Friday from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm and place your order over the phone. We will help you any way we can to find the right product you need. Payment can be made via credit card, etransfer to email@example.com or we can send a PayPal invoice. All orders must be paid in advance of us cutting and packing your order.
3. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request and we will get back to you with the options that we have available.
4. Contact us via our Facebook page with your request and we will contact you when we are at the shop to help.
1. You can arrange to have your purchase picked up "curb side" at the shop Monday - Friday from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm. If those hours don't work, give us a call and we can work with you to arrange a suitable time.
2. You can have your purchase mailed to you. For orders over $100 we are offering free shipping on orders over $100. Orders under $100 pay a flat rate shipping fee depending on where you live. Shipping in Alberta, BC, and Saskatchewan is $15.00.
3. If you live in the greater Edmonton area, you can have your purchase delivered to your home same day for orders received by 1:00 pm. Again, orders over $100 we will deliver for free and orders under $100 you can have delivered for $15.00. We are delivering to Edmonton, Sherwood Park, St. Albert, Spruce Grove, Stony Plain, Beaumont, Calmar, Devon, Millet and Wetaskawin. Please note, this is a drop off service only. We will call you when we have arrived at your home and we will leave the parcel on your front porch in a sealed plastic bag. There is no interpersonal contact in this process.
YES, we are still doing long arm quilting during the pandemic.
Please visit our long arm quilting page at www.quincysquilting.ca to print off your quilt intake form, view the pantographs available and thread colour options. Call the store at 587-274-2630 between 10:00 and 4:00 Monday to Friday to let us know that you are dropping off a quilt. Please place your quilt top and backing in a sealed plastic bag. Once we receive the quilt we will not open the bag for 5-7 days. Once we open the bag, we will call you to complete the quilt intake process over the phone to make sure we understand your vision for the quilting. Alternatively, you can continue to mail in quilt tops as someone will be at the shop to receive the mail. We continue to have long arm quilt and batting passes for sale via our website or by phoning the shop at 587-274-2630. Five quilts are $425, to add on the 80/20 Hobbs batting is $125. Call us if you are interested in adding on shipping.
We look forward to seeing you back in the store once it is deemed safe for you to be there. Until then Macki, Harley and Oakley send lots of tail waggles and smiles your way.
Without your continued support during this difficult time we and many other local small businesses will not survive. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
Jocelyn, Melissa, Stephanie, Colleen, Lucy, Laura, Tammy, Tanya, Debbie, Macki, Harley and Oakley
For those of you that aren't able to visit us at our actual storefront, we want to introduce you to our Greeters. We know how popular they are whenever people come to visit and we hear how disappointed they are when there are no dogs on site. As other members of our team have added puppies to their families they too have become shop greeters.
Macadamia (aka Macki) is the original greeter and we happily welcome her in the shop full time. She is a year and a half old and has been a constant fixture at the store since the day she came home. She loves to welcome guests, lick toes in the summer time and always has a colourful bandana on to showcase some of our many fabrics available for sale.
Harley Quin is our back up Greeter. She works part time and gets along very well with others and adores Macki. Harley is just over 3 months old and is doing quite well at learning her role in the shop. She is a traditional black and tan with markings similar to a doberman or rottweiler although much smaller in size but same big girl attitude.
The latest addition to round out our team of Greeters is Oakley. She is a black and tan dapple with a bit of long hair thrown in just to up the cuteness factor. She is 8 weeks old and has a full family of sisters at home to welcome her after a long day at work. Piper, Quincy and Elphaba keep her busy when not at the shop.
Keep On Quilting!