COVID-19 UPDATE AND NEWSLETTER FOR MAY 14, 2020
Greetings to everyone!
Spring has finally sprung, and it is nice to see the days getting longer, the sun shining and the first long weekend to kick off summer only days away.
First and foremost we want to express our heartfelt gratitude and thanks to our customers who have supported us during the past 7 weeks while our shop has been closed to the public. We have had to rethink our business operations and we have tried diligently to create new ways to provide our goods and services to the quilting and sewing communities. We have tried to offer you the best customer experience possible and your support has been amazing. We sincerely thank each one of you.
Starting today, May 14th, the Province of Alberta is allowing its Stage One reopening processes to occur. What does this mean for Quincy's Quilting? We have been working behind the scenes to understand the operating requirements of the Alberta Government, Alberta Health Services, and the City of Leduc in regards to re-opening guidelines, as well as the needs of our two most important stakeholder groups - our employees and you, our customers. We have been actively working to source the proper PPE and cleaning supplies needed, which is challenging for any business or individual to do at this time.
To prepare for our re-opening we are providing you with the following information.
Please note: This is a work in progress and everything is subject to change depending on a number of variables that is too lengthy to list and not totally within our control.
STORE HOURS and DAYS OF OPERATION
We are changing our days of operation to Tuesday through Saturday. Employees will be in the shop from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm on those days. Quincy’s will be closed Sundays, Mondays, and all statutory holidays as observed by the Province of Alberta. These days of operation and store hours will be observed until further notice.
Quincy’s will be closed to all business for Victoria Day weekend, Saturday May 16th through Monday May 18th. Additionally, we will be closed Tuesday May 19th to prepare for change to having customers in the store. We will be doing deep cleaning and sanitizing as per Alberta Health Services and the City of Leduc guidelines. We will re-open for business on Wednesday May 20th with several changes. It will not be “business as usual” or business as it used to be.
STORE SHOPPING OPTIONS
At Quincy’s Quilting we have a variety of options available for you to conduct your shopping.
1. Shop online 24 / 7 at www.quincysquilting.ca for curbside order pickup Tuesday – Saturday between 10:00am and 4:00pm. Please note this does not include Tuesday May 19th.
2. Shop online 24 / 7 at www.quincysquilting.ca for shipping via Canada Post. We will continue to provide free shipping for orders of $100 or more through June 30th. Orders will be shipped the next business day that we are open.
3. Shop over the phone Tuesday through Saturday between 10:00am and 4:00pm for curbside pickup or shipping via Canada Post. We will continue to provide free shipping for orders of $100 or more through June 30th.
4. Email your order to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you via phone during business hours to complete your order.
5. Place your order via Facebook private messenger and we will contact you via phone during business hours to complete your order.
6. Text your order to 780-616-8224 and we will contact you via phone during business hours to complete your order.
7. NEW - BY APPOINTMENT ONLY, you can book an in-store shopping appointment. We have come up with some guidelines for shopping in-store to protect the safety of our employees and you, our customers.
Shopping in-store guidelines are as follows:
If you have a concern about any of our guidelines or service, please ask to speak to Melissa to discuss your concerns. The employees are following the guidelines they have been instructed to follow. They DO NOT have the authority to change any rule or guideline.
- Appointments will be limited to 45 minutes per person and must be booked in advance. We will not be taking walk-in customers.
- You may not bring other people / pets with you for your appointment. This means spouses, friends, neighbours, or children.
- We are only booking 2 appointments at a time and each customer will have a dedicated employee to help them while they are shopping.
- To enter the store for your appointment, you will need to comply with our safety protocols and guidelines. These are not negotiable and are subject to change. If you choose not to comply with these safety protocols and guidelines you will not be allowed to enter the store.
- All appointments must be booked at least 48 hours in advance. If you are not able to attend, kindly give us a call, send us a text to 780-616-8224 or send us a private Facebook message including your name and appointment date.
- When booking an appointment, you will be asked to provide an email address and phone number. We will email you two important items. You can book your appointment by calling the shop at 587-274-2630 during business hours or texting 780-616-8224.
- A link to the Alberta Health Services COVID-19 self-assessment tool.
- The full document outlining all the procedures that must be adhered to while you are doing your in-store shopping.
- We encourage the use of masks; however, we do not require a mask as our store is large enough to accommodate proper social distancing protocols.
- Every customer will be provided with a brand-new pair of disposable gloves for shopping. These gloves are required to be worn. We have latex free options for those who require latex free.
- Walk-ins without an appointment will not be allowed.
- Please be patient with us, as we work to provide the best customer service experience possible given the current situation and circumstances.
Long-arm quilting continues. At the present time, this service is being provided as curbside drop-off or pick-up only. Customers with quilts to drop off will not be allowed in the store. The intake form is available online to print off for inclusion with your quilt. If you have questions about long-arm quilting, call us at the store at 587-274-2630 during regular days and hours of operation.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, debit, e-transfer to email@example.com and cash.